WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CONSULTING WITH A NATUROPATH?
Some of the health benefits include improved digestion, increased
energy levels, managing weight, strengthening the immune system,
reducing stress, reducing high blood pressure and/or cholesterol
and managing food sensitivities and allergies.
You will learn the nutritional approach to digestive problems, fatigue,
moods, headaches and viral infections. You will understand how to
manage physical and emotional health by eating food that is right for
you and how to make healthy choices when dining out or travelling.
WHAT IS A NATUROPATH?
- views food and lifestyle as very important factors to help people
achieve physical, mental and emotional well-being.
- has knowledge and skills to create personalized diet and
lifestyle plans that optimize health.
- works with a client to identify and help correct nutritional
imbalances and nutritional causes of symptoms and illness.
- believes everyone is unique and have a unique biochemistry.
- will educate you about the best food and lifestyle choices.
- will help you make sense of all the health information from
magazines, radio, TV, internet or other people.
- is knowledgeable in recommending appropriate supplements
when necessary, using science based evidence/research.
A Naturopath will never diagnose a medical condition
or tell you to stop taking prescribed medication.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A DIETICIAN AND A HOLISTIC NUTRITIONIST?
They both believe that nutrition plays an essential role in overall health.
A dietician uses a very clinical approach and generally provides nutritional advice
solely as it relates to a medical diagnosis.
A Holistic Nutritionist offers a hands-on approach.
They can offer email and/or telephone support, come to your home for a
consultation, take you on a grocery tour to learn how to read labels and buy
the healthiest food possible. If necessary, they can give you supplement
advice based on scientific and research evidence.
HOW MUCH DO YOUR SERVICES COST?
It depends on
- the service chosen
- if it’s an office appointment, by telephone or via Skype
AM I COVERED BY MY PRIVATE INSURANCE COMPANY?
Yes in Quebec, if you have insurance for Naturopath services
you will be reimbursed. Anywhere else will vary case to case.
Please CONTACT Anna for more information 514-651-3259